Text size

A+ A- Reset
 
 

Beverley Minster Shop

Shop manager: Jane Myers
Telephone: +44 (0) 1482 868540
Email: shop@beverleyminster.org.uk
Address: 38 Highgate, Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU17 0DN
Website: www.beverleyminster.org.uk

Visitors to Beverley Minster follow a long tradition. John of Beverley, bishop of York from 706, was revered as a holy man with gifts of teaching and healing. He founded a monastery on the site of the Minster and was buried in a chapel there in 721. After he became a saint in 1037, pilgrims visited the site and a larger church was built in the Norman style. This was replaced in the 13th century by the present building where the bones of Saint John were laid to rest.

 

21st century pilgrims visit Beverley Minster in their thousands to worship, to be inspired by the building, to light a candle, to pray, to attend a concert or an exhibition, to buy a present at the shop or to join us for food. 

 

You are most welcome to visit Beverley Minster.

 

MAP AND DIRECTIONS

SatNav: HU17 0DP

Beverley is signposted from the M62, the Humber Bridge and the A1.